What are Tape-in extensions/ How are they applied?
Tape-ins are a Semi-Permanent Hair Extension, which means you don’t have to take them out and put them in every single day. Once you have them installed, they stay in for several weeks. Tape-in extensions are one thin layer of the hair strand, attached on top, and there is a sticky adhesive on one side. To apply, take two strands and sandwich them around a thin slice of your real hair. While applying, make sure that the clear plastic is on the outside. They’re very thin and they lay nice and flat on your head, plus they are very secure. Tape-ins stick very well and are very easy to apply compared to clippings and sew-ins. They are not heavy, they do not feel bulky, and they don’t tangle easily. Tape-in extensions are comfortable, light, and they don’t cause a headache.
What are other types of hair extensions?
- Clip-ins are fast and easy hair extensions to apply. Tape the extensions near your roots and done. However, you can’t wear them every day because they are heavy and cause a headache.
- Sew-ins, they are sewn and secured to the scalp by braiding the natural hair horizontally.
- Glue-ins, they work as a wig and take a lot of time to apply.
- Halo extension takes not even a minute to apply. It’s an extension that sits around the crown area and increases your hair volume instantly.
Do Tape-in hair extensions blend naturally?
Tape-in extensions blend into your hair well, and girls with short hair can also apply them. If you install them from a hairstylist, go to a professional that specializes in Tape-ins. A hairstylist can cut it to match the length of your hair, add equal volume also add colour to your hair extension without having to colour your real hair.
It’s important to apply for extension in such a way that it’s hidden, you can move around and be flexible enough. You can put your hair up, as long as your natural hair isn’t too short. If your natural hair is long, you absolutely can wear a ponytail with no problem. Every five to eight weeks you want to have the extensions removed and move it up higher every month depending on your hair growth.
How long do Tape in extensions last?
Tape in Hair extensions last for 8 to 10 months, especially if they are of good salon-quality. Cheap hair extensions last for 2-3 months because they easily get dry and get tangled. To make it last long you have to moisturize them properly and reapply with the right products.
While removing, be careful and use the right product, so that you don’t end up tangling it. To remove the extension just spray right at the top of the extensions, and it will remove easily without damaging your hair. Alcohol and mineral oil work as a great extension remover.
Once you remove them gently remove leftover tapes from your hair and extension. Wash the extensions and reapply them as long as the quality of your extensions is intact, you should be able to reuse them several times.
Moisturizing your hair daily and washing with sulfate-free and alcohol-free conditioner before and after shampooing is really important. It’s okay to skip the shampoo and wash your extensions with a conditioner! While washing be gentle with your hair and extensions do not rub them vigorously. To lock moisture always finish your wash with cold water. This way your extensions will not get dry and will last long.
4 Steps to help you last your extensions for a longer period of time.
- Wash Your Extensions Correctly, nourish them well detangle them gently. Always ensure while washing that you are shampooing the roots to remove excess oil and conditioner on the ends to keep them moisturized. Do not use conditioner anywhere near your roots, or else extensions start to begin slipping down your hair, making them last far less long
- Never Sleep With Wet Extensions! while we are asleep we turn and toss in sleep this can take a toll on both your natural locks and extensions. Hair is weakest when they are wet. Therefore never sleep with wet extensions.
- Always Brush Extensions With Care, be really gentle and avoid brushing your hair multiple times. Even when you brush gently your hair knots, you are putting immense pressure on your hairs bonds, by pulling at your scalp and weakening the bonds. hence, it breaks and doesn’t last long.
- Schedule A Weekly Conditioning Treatment. There are multiple ways to deep condition your extensions, and as long as you avoid applying them near the roots, you can use products of your choice to make it last longer.
What to expect?
The overall cost of the hair extensions is going to depend on how many packs of hair you need to blend with your real hair, the length, and what quality you are looking for.
Each pack varies depending on the brand; the majority of packs have 20 individual pieces, which means once you create the sandwiches you’re getting ten. We need 40 to 60 individual pieces for voluminous hair. Hair extensions come in the following sizes.
- 16 Inches
- 18 Inches
- 20 Inches
- 22 Inches
They also come in various colour options. Human hair Tape-in extensions are great because they allow styling versatility, straightening, and even colour the extensions darker.
While hot styling tools can be used with Tape-ins, if you are using heat products then it’s best to avoid heat near the root or bonds, or else adhesive will melt or break down.
Disadvantages of Tape in extensions
- You can’t wash your hair every day, as it will dry out the extensions and the tapes will start losing its glue.
- You have to keep patience while brushing the hair to avoid breakage. Every month you have to re-apply the extensions, as your hair grows.
- Tape-in hair extensions don’t even last for a year, and they are high maintenance.
Cheap online hair vs Salon quality Tape-in extensions?
Cheap hair extensions are not high in quality, whereas salon-quality lasts for months.
1. Can you reapply Tape-in extensions as often as clip-ins?
No, you cant remove your hair extensions every day. You can re-apply your tape extensions 8 to 10 times.
2. Hair Care routine for Tape-in extensions
Use sulfate and paraben-free quality shampoo that doesn’t dry out your extensions.
|1. What are Tape-in extensions/ How are they applied?|
|Tape-ins are semi-permanent hair extensions, Once you have them installed, they stay in for several weeks.|
|2. Are Tape-in extensions comfortable?|
|Tape-in extensions are comfortable, light, and they don’t cause a headache.|
|3. Are Tape-in extensions easy to blend? Can you apply Tape-ins if you have short hair?|
|They blend into your hair well, and girls with short hair can also apply it. Apply for extension in such a way that it’s hidden, you can move around and be flexible enough so that it blends well.|
|4. Can you wear your hair in a ponytail in Tape-ins?|
|If your natural hair is long, you absolutely can wear a ponytail with no problem|
|5. Do Tape-in extensions damage your hair?|
|Yes, Tape-in extensions damage your hair if they are not applied properly. They cause no damage if apply properly by following the instructions.|
|6. How long do Tape in hair extensions last?|
|Tape-in hair extensions last for 8 to 10 months.|
|7. How often do you have to reapply or move Tape-in extensions up?|
|Depends on your hair growth, usually once a month.|
|8. How to remove Tape-in extensions?|
|Mineral oil, Alcohol, and hair extension remover.|
|9. How to reapply/ move up the Tape-in extensions?|
|Stick it two inches away from the scalp and sandwich two strands between your real hair.|
|10. How much do Tape-in extensions cost?|
– Getting extensions at the salon will cost about 150 to 200 per pack.
– Getting extensions at home will cost about 20 to 50 dollars per pack.