There are a wide variety of wigs, hairpieces, and hair extensions available with synthetic hair that can be affordably made.
As you already know, artificial hair is a great alternative to natural hair, it is much cheaper and it also looks the same, but there are certain details regarding the maintenance of artificial hair that you should be aware of.
Having said that, taking care of your new hairpiece, or extension, is a bit different than that of your normal hair, including the way you detangle and style it.
Unless it is properly taken care of, that lovely style will soon become a tangled mess. To preserve the longevity of that hair, there are a few techniques that can be used.
If you own a wig or a few and wish to keep them detangled and in good condition for a greater amount of time, you might be curious about how to keep synthetic hair wigs from tangling effectively at home.
You will be given a detailed answer to this question in this article, but you will also be provided with some tips on how you can work around this.
The article will also explain how to keep synthetic hair from tangling, frizzing and how to style your wig regardless of whether you are using a heat-resistant wig, which is another annoying problem that many wig owners encounter!
Why does my wig seem to tangle a lot more than my natural hair?
There are many factors that can cause synthetic hair to tangle, including the way in which the hair is laid, the direction of the cuticles, and whether or not it has been chemically or color-treated.
If the hair has been laid incorrectly, or it has been heavily treated, it is more likely to knot or get tangled. A wig will, however, tangle more than your natural hair.
The reason for this is due to the fact that real hair produces natural oils that prevent the hair from drying out and drawing into itself, but wigs do not.
The very nature of long hair makes it harder to work with, as it is harder to maintain.
Using the correct hair products, carefully washing and wearing your hair, and being aware that this hair is not regrowing at all will help you to maintain a good hair appearance.
How to Stop Synthetic Hair Wig From Tangling?
I am sure that if you have ever possessed a synthetic wig, you know how amazing it looks on your head, and I am sure that you also know how hard it can be to keep it in the same shiny and smooth condition after you remove it from your head, and especially while you are wearing it!
Due to the fact that we often wear synthetic clothes, clothes that have high collars, hats, scarves, and other pieces of clothing, there are certainly a number of ways that we can tangle our wigs.
The good news is that there are some simple and handy tricks that we can use in order to help our wigs stay tangle-free.
In order to detangle your wig quickly and with the minimum effort required, we will introduce to you a simple procedure that will allow you to do so.
You Will Need:
- Shampoo/ Mild detergent
(Note: Human Hair or Synthetic Wigs are best washed using the appropriate shampoo, conditioner, and shampoo that is gentle and free of harsh chemicals. In order to ensure you don’t rub your wigs with harsh chemicals or harsh shampoos, use shampoos with a low pH level.
Try to use moisturizing shampoos which are infused with vitamins and herbs and which have a low pH balance. In order to prevent damage to the hair, you should use a shampoo that’s within a ph-balanced range of 4.5 – 5.5, so maybe go a little below that as well. )
Also Read: All You Need to Know About Purple Shampoo
Steps to Remove Tangles From Synthetic Hair Wig
If you need to wash your wig properly, the very first thing you need to do is to add some wig shampoo or any mild detergent to the basin with cold water.
When the bath is all set up, gently submerge your wig in the water and then swish it gently around in the bath.
If you gently dip it up and down as well, it will enable the synthetic hair wig to be saturated with the maximum amount of shampoo or detergent.
You should avoid rubbing the wig or scrubbing it since doing so will only make things worse! Just soak the wig in water for a few minutes then rinse it thoroughly.
For best results, we recommend holding your wig over the basin while it is being dried.
By doing so, you will be able to drain any excess water from it. After that, put the wig on a wig form or a styrofoam head and let it sit like that until it is completely dry.
Also, you may want to use a towel to gently blot the wig while it is drying. Just be careful not to rub or squeeze the wig.
If you wish to comb your synthetic mane, you will want to begin by spraying it generously with a wig sheen spray over it.
Using this sheen, you will be able to comb through the hairs of your wig much easier since it contains silicone.
If your wig is wavy or straight, use a wide-tooth comb to comb it.
Make sure that you always start from the bottom and move your way up until you reach the top.
It is advisable for you to move slowly so that you are able to release all the tangles gently without causing damage to the hairs.
We recommended that you use a wide-tooth comb as an alternative, particularly if your wig is curly. It is essential that you work on small sections at a time.
It’s really easy to keep the tangles at bay with this routine, so no matter where or under what conditions you wear your wig, it will look good and be smooth all the time.
Also Read: How To Remove Brassy Tones From Brown Hair
Few Do’s & Don’ts to prevent synthetic hair from tangling?
- Comb through your hair when you are applying conditioner to your wet hair because that is the best time to do so.
- If you are going to wear a human hair wig, use a wide-toothed comb that’s made for wigs.
- You should not comb or brush your wig with a regular brush or comb when styling or detangling it.
- It is best if you work out a tangle from the tips of your hair to the roots first (tips to roots) this is how you should do it with your own hair, too. Starting from the top and working your way down will make the wig more tangled.
- The best thing you can do for a synthetic hair wig is to not brush it, as brushing will damage the fibres of the hair. Use either your fingers or a wide-toothed comb whenever necessary to maintain the hair.
- Please ensure you never comb the roots of the hair where they are tied to the foundation. Doing so may cause irreparable stress to the hair roots and can cause irreversible damage.
- Make sure that you dry your wig on a folding wig stand or inside a vase or jar so that it retains its shape. We recommend that you never lay your wet wig down on a flat surface to dry it.
- It is not recommended that you blow-dry your synthetic wig. In order to maintain the smoothness and manageability of your wig, allow it to air-dry after washing it. Using a blow dryer on synthetic hair will end up making it frizzy, feel hard, stiff and may damage the synthetic fibres as well.
- Finally, a little bit of advice: Ideally, you should always keep two wigs on hand so that you can wear one at all times. This way, you will be able to prolong the life of each wig and they will become very durable and hard to lose.